CT Users Group
Welcome... to the CT Users Group
The CT users group
We are a UK based group for people with an interest in medical CT scanning. Our main aim is to share experience and knowledge relating to CT scanning with each other, as well as to provide an educational forum. We formed in 1999, and are mainly hospital physicists, but we also count radiographers and radiologists amongst our number.
Our primary interactions are via our meetings, usually held once a year. These are held in locations all round the UK and are a great way to share knowledge, research work, projects and questions in an informal setting. Our mail list aims to continue the interaction from the meetings throughout the year by bringing conversation about CT via email.
Next CTUG meeting: 20th October 2016
The next meeting of the CT Users Group will be held on the 20th October 2016 at Manchester Conference Centre.
An official call for papers will come in due course - join the CTusers mail list to find out when, but early submissions can be made to the secretary.
IQWorks - automated image analysis software for medical physicists
As part of an ongoing interest in automated analysis of CT (and other digital modality) images, CTUG is proud to be involved with the development and support of IQWorks.
This project aims to build on the fantastic work by Andrew Reilly as part of his PhD research at Edinburgh University. The software can now be downloaded, and broader input into its development as an open source project is encouraged. Follow the link above to find out more!
Click on any of the following links for more details of each meeting. More recent meetings have pdf versions of presentations that can be viewed online.
- 15th December 2015, in Chilton
- 16th October 2014, in Nottingham
- 7th November 2013, in Coventry
- 4th October 2012, in Edinburgh
- 5th October 2011, in Sheffield
- 14th October 2010, in London
- 26th November 2009, in Belfast
- 21st October 2008, in Leeds
- 23rd October 2007, in Birmingham
- 16th November 2006, in Nottingham
- 6th October 2005, in Newcastle
- 14th October 2004, in Bristol
- 13th January 2004, in Edinburgh
- 7th November 2002, in Nottingham
- 21st November 2001, in Manchester
- 20th June 2000, in London
- 29th September 1999, in Birmingham